Friday, December 9, 2011

My Anorexic Dog

I have a heart felt passion for helping pets stay healthy. I've shared my whole life with dogs and have learned so much from these great creatures. I have 4 fur kids: Tara my 17-year-old Sheltie, Scotty a rescue 3-year-old Sheltie, Riley another 2-year-old rescue Sheltie, and Bob our long-haired rescue cat. We also have fire bellied toads and a bird. Even though I'm a healthy pet nut I know they are animals and they are not treated as people with fur in my home. I respect them as dogs and cats and honor this.

My pets don't dress up in cute clothes, have fancy beds or their own rooms. They have backpacks for hiking, beds I made for them and they have the whole house. My pets are spoiled with love, affection and get the best care to maintain good health. My pets are family, they are emotionally and physically healthy and so very happy.

Dog Food For Sensitive Stomachs

I've worked at my local humane society and currently care for many dogs and cats at the boarding kennel I manage. Right behind being the best Mom I know how to be I believe my life purpose is to care for animals. I take this very serious. I'm a healthy pet nut.

*I believe in using natural products around and in my pets.

*I believe the food I feed them is a direct link to their health and mental wellness.

*I believe dogs and cats are being over-vaccinated causing more illness and emotional problems.

*I believe there are alternative treatments instead of just drugs.

*I believe drugs are needed for some conditions and should be used but not be the first choice.

I have strong feelings about what is best for my dogs and cats and I believe it's up to me to keep learning. I'm on a life long mission to find the best natural ways to give my pets a healthy, happy, fun and fulfilling life. I owe that much to them because they can't take care of themselves.
I've baked treats for my dogs for many years.

I have more cookbooks for dog treats then people food. I was repulsed by what goes into a bag of treats like by-products, sugar and fillers. I was already feeding my pets a natural premium food when I first heard about this other dog and cat food. I didn't feel a need to switch until Tara my old dog stopped eating her food.

I tried topping it with more healthy people food and even crumbled the dry food in my blender to make it easier for her to eat. It wasn't that she didn't like the food it was her system has become very sensitive and she would be sick for days at a time and just didn't feel like eating. I started making pancakes for her.

This worked wonderfully, she loved them and never got sick. I mixed fruit in them and gave her supplements but knew she still wasn't getting good nutrition. When I first tried the new food with her I didn't think she would be able to handle it because of her sensitive stomach. I started adding it on her pancakes and when she did okay I gradually added more dog food and less pancakes. Now I rotate pancakes with dog food. I found because the Flint River Ranch dog food is baked she can chew it easier than the extruded kind. I still make pancakes for her breakfast everyday because she is over 17-years-old and deserves to be treated like royalty. Her favorite pancake is Strawberry-Banana.

The boys, Scotty and Riley will eat anything so the taste test means nothing with them at least that's what I thought. I mixed the Fish & Chips formula with their other food and watched them pick out the fish flavor first. I don't have any amazing results with the boys because they were already healthy and fit.

I did notice small things like their coats were shinier, less shedding, no itching, they didn't have much doggy odor and my pooper-scooper chores weren't such a chore anymore. I was able to feed less, this was a surprise because I was already feeding a natural premium diet. I rotate between the Lamb and Fish for them. I believe dogs need variety just like we do and they appreciate a different taste.

Do you know anyone who might like to know about a healthy natural food like this?

My Anorexic Dog

Dog Food For Sensitive Stomachs

0 comments:

Post a Comment